1 jobs found.
A mine geologist to deliver high quality geological data and support for the mine, including geological input into daily geological tasks EOM reconciliation, mineral resource modelling, mine planning and production activities and ensuring timely delivery of all projects. In addition assist the Senior Geologist with defining the Mineral Resource through diamond drilling, geological interpretation, modelling and also delineation of underground deposit as well as seeking opportunities to expand on current Resource where relevant.
Key tasks required to be undertaken include:
· Perform U/G inspections (production & development) and provide feedback on SLC performance to relevant stakeholders
· Perform underground mapping as well as core logging & ensure geology dept mapping/digitising backlogs maintained to a minimum. Required to map at least 50m and core log at least 125m per swing/roster
· Escalate relevant observations to senior/lead or project geologists
. Provide technical input into to laboratory, coreyard QAQC processes and Acquire database maintenance where relevant
· Ensure routine maintenance of all databases (Acquire, DOME/PitRam) and submission of pitram/dome errors throughout month to deliver timely EOM metal balance reconciliation results
· Provide geological assistance & input into a variety of mine planning tasks i.e. preliminary development designs (PDD’s), vertical development designs (VDDs), level notes, grade calculations etc and provide geological input as required to meet planning deadlines Adhere to all geological procedures and processes & ensure thorough understanding prior to performing required tasks, seeking assistance from peers wherever required