4 jobs found.
Open Pit Geologist
Open Pit Geologist required (2-5 years’ experience)
DURATION: 7 months (To be confirmed)
2-5 years industry experience, including 2 years open cut experience
Some Vulcan use
- Learn, develop and use the mine geological processes in a manner that achieves and or exceeds specified goals, cost and safety targets.
- Supervise the collection and interpretation of geological and structural data to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and standards (JORC Code).
- Ensure that the Geology team supports the Mining Department to optimise the extraction of the mineral resource.
- Develop, maintain and validate mineral resource models, grade control systems and geological databases as required.
- As required, prepare accurate and timely reconciliation of grade control and block model tonnes and grade.
- Involvement in End of Month reporting if required.
- Ensure compliance with environmental procedures and standards.
- Plan and supervise effective grade control programs and ensure that quality control is maintained at the highest possible level.
- Create accurate and sensible-to-mine ore blockouts from the grade control data in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the mining operation.
- Provide guidance to other geological personnel to support their respective accountabilities.
- Commit to maintaining health, safety and security standards and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution.
Demonstrate behaviours aligned with the Minjar Gold values.
ROSTER : 9/5 Ex Charters Towers or Townsville
TRAVEL: They will provide a company bus from Charters Towers to the Mine, Accommodation and Meals are not Provided. We encourage people who live in Charters towers to apply. If you live in Townsville, you must get yourself in Charters Towers the night before and possibly overnight as well your last day.
** APLICANTS HAVE TO BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN,PERMANENT RESIDENTS OR HAVE A VISA THAT ALLOWS THEM TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA
Geologist -1 or 2 for NSW drill program
Two geologists required for 4-6-month drill program 62 km to the north of Bourke in central western New South Wales, Australia.
The area falls within the Thompson Orogen and commodities that are being explored for are Au, Pt, Pd, Cu, Co and heavy REE's.
The drill program is combined rotary mud and diamond coring so the ability to managed both these drilling types and log the output is essential.
Point of Hire is Brisbane with charter flights to site from Archerfield airport in south Brisbane.
Roster will be 14/7 with 12 hr days.
A resource geologist is required to fit into an existing team. Basic requirements below.:
- a few years underground experience,
- micromine user or willing to transition from another platform,
- not scared of working UG in the heat and humidity,
- confident and able to carry the torch when they are the only mine geologist on site.
FIFO from Townsville, Brisbane or Cairns preferred
Pre-employment medical including a functional capacity evaluation and drug and alcohol test will be required.
** APPLICANTS HAVE TO BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS TO APPLY
Geologist- Drill rig supervision
Duties - Drill Rig Supervision, RC and DD Logging, Management of Drill Crews and Fieldies.
Experience - 2 to 5 years doing similar, exposure to base metal deposits (VMS a bonus).
Duration - 4 to 6 weeks work at this stage, possibly more.
Company will supply accommodation and food whilst onsite, ideally they would make their own way to site.
*Medical will be required and applicants must be Australian residents or have a visa that allows them to work in Australia.